Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Scouting/Early Season Boot

Art Vandeley

I'm looking for a boot to wear during summer scouting trips and early archery hunts. I currently wear 400g Insulated Kentreks, which are definitely nice, but my feet sweat bad in them and they are heavy. Been thinking about some trail running shoes or something of the sort. What are you all wearing on those hot days ?

I want the same - was looking at the new Kentrek hikers? Anyone tried these?
Dink had some pretty blue suede shoes - Asolo hikers? He seemed to like on a post I thought to try?
I have some Danner elk hunters but they are a banquet boot. Heavy and too low cut.
Might do a pair of these Lowa boots everyone talks about!?

I have Lowa tibet gtx hikers and the hi gtx. Both uninsulated. I like both boots. If I'm off trail carrying much weight I like the extra ankle support of the hi. I wear the hikers all summer, my feet get a little warm at times but not too bad. I can't hardly wear anything less supportive for my ankles. I hunt in SW MT. After opening week of archery season, they have never been too warm. I wear the hi's almost exclusively during bow season. Would like a little "cooler" footwear for summer, but can't give up the ankle support. I have used asolo hiking boots in the past and really liked them.

I've had really good results with the salomon xa pros. (Both the lows and mids). They are really light and comfortable. I switch over to the Quest 4Ds for backpacking and hunting

http://www.salomon.com/us/product/xa-pro-mid-gtx.html?article=366780

I also have the salomon quest 4ds and love them. The have completely replaced my uninsulated miendls. I have walked through some really wet conditions (snow/stream crossing) with a pair of ktrek gaiters, and have had zero issues. I now have a pair of kenetrek 400s, so now I am wearing the salomans until the ktreks go on.

The Kenetrek Bridgers are awesome. I have the high ones and love them. They are light and not too hot during archery antelope season when it's 100 degrees out, even with merino wool socks on under them. Apparently they are on sale right now too.

I picked up a pair of Kenetrek Bridgers last week, I think I have worn them 6/7 days since I go them. I really like them so far, ankle support isn't too bad, and they are light and breathable. I wore them turkey hunting last weekend and have worn them to work everyday this week. Good buy in my opinion as they are on sale.

I have a pair of Crispi Idahos that I really like for early season hunts, but they're spendy. I've been looking at Salewa's lineup very closely. I think a pair of those are going to be on the order list very soon.

Agree I like ankle support
I'll take hot feet
I wear the same boots whether I'm bow hunting in August or hunting cow elk in January because I like the ankle support and the thick stiff soles that protect my feet from rocks.
I usually change my socks twice a day so they don't get too sweaty and stinky.

I wear my Cabellas Mtn Hiker early season and non hunting. Full leather and Goretex.Light good support.
Had them for years and still like new.Made in Italy,I think by Vasque.

I wore out Merrels and new Lowas here in NM and stickers/thorns tear thru fabric boots.

Danner Cascades for everyday ranch work......25 yrs old and 3rd set of soles.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back