Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

NM unit 10 elk

Tallman

I was curious if anyone has had any previous experience in NM unit 10 for elk. Couple of us are headed out for a DIY hunt in sept. i will probably spend part of the hunt by myself. So any help is greatly appreciated. I have never really been on a outstanding guided trip of any kind. I get more satisfaction from a DYI. Just several bad experiences of guided hunts.

I have kille several elk there and a lot of turkey. Get the FS maps that show the private and public land. We went in from Thoreau south through Bluewater to the end of the road then right to the outhouse. Right before thet is a left turn that runs up to a good camp area. There is a ranch that I think is Mirabel. Can't hunt there and they have guides that will stop and try to tell you they have rights to public land. Just tell them to KMA and offer to show them the map. There is a steep hill on the right past the ranch and the top is mostly public. I killed a 360 bull up there but it is a sharp climb. It is not thick with elk but there are always elk there. Good luck.

Back