Boot insoles

dmccririe

I bought some Lowa boots for elk this fall. I have been breaking them in but I want to get some insoles for extra padding/support. Do you have any favorites or particular insoles to avoid? I really don't want my hunt disrupted or endure foot related misery that I can avoid.
Thanks for any help.

Dale
:D:D:D

I've used a lot of different ones. I liked the green superfeet at first but then after about 6 months, not so much. My two favorites are the sorbothane's and the softec ultra from sole.

i bought a pair of Lowa boots this year too, using green superfeet in them. they're really nice.

I use superfeet and sole, go to a running store and try them out with your boots before purchasing. Also if you get the ones that you can custom mold in the oven, wear for a few days before molding them as they may break in enough without that.

I've got the superfeet, but they only last for about 6 months before blowing out. Happy with them though.

I'm hell on shoes. Go through a decent pair in less than 2 years.

I have some Lowa Tibet GTX's and love 'em (after they got broke in).

I too put in some better insoles. I think I bought Dr. Scholles (?) at Wally World. Work great though. The standard ones are about as good as a cracker. ;)

After trying;

Green Superfeet - OK, but a little too much arch for my feets,
Sole Signature EV Ultra Footbeds - Way too much arch and volume for me. (I have a near new pair I'll make someone a deal on if you want to try them)

I tried Sof Sole FIT Series Low Arch - these seem to be working out pretty good.

You would benefit greatly if you know what the need is from the insoles- do you need them for support or for cushion? If you need support, I'd personally look at the Superfeet (they are generally good for support and different models offer varying degrees of cushion). if you just need cushion, like I do, Spenco makes a bunch of them that are good. I can't remember the model of them, but there's a red topped, bright yellow bottom version that I really like- excellent cushion for me.

I own three different insoles that I use all the time- they are medium, large, and extra large volume insoles that offer medium - extra large cushion. I use the largest ones I can get away with in each boot/shoe.

At 38 I started to have problems with my feet and good insoles have made a world of difference for me.

Good luck!

Thanks to all that offered help . I have high arches and I know that I will have problems if I don't have some support as well as cushion. The insoles that come with the Lowa boots are pretty sparse. When I am lounging around with my boots on, my feet get real achy. I know that I don't want that feeling when I'm hunting.

With that info I'd probably suggest starting with green Superfeet. Give them at least three days in your usual day shoe- don't give up on them right away if they feel a little different or funny. If those don't work, I'd try other Superfeet.

Good luck!
Scott

I've tried about everything, and the best insoles I've found are made by currex sole. They're not sold locally so you have to order them but they work extremely well.

Thanks to all that offered help . I have high arches and I know that I will have problems if I don't have some support as well as cushion. The insoles that come with the Lowa boots are pretty sparse. When I am lounging around with my boots on, my feet get real achy. I know that I don't want that feeling when I'm hunting.

With a high arch I would go with the Sole moldable ones. I also have very high arches and I have found these to work the best. They come in different thicknesses, make sure you don't reduce the volume of the toe box too much.

if you need arch support or have plannar faciaitis, try the insoles from Heel that Pain.
Fixed my problems in a day or two for $30 after spending several hundred and months with foot doctor

Don't over tighten your boots, that'll cause problems too!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back