Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Az pronghorn: KHunter archery 2014

Bad picture but this looks like a good one. Tried to kill it today. Not easy.

Thoughts in whether this might be a big one? Looks tall with good prongs starting abOve the ears? I am at a disadvantage as I can 't score them worth a darn.

If you think it was big, and you have looked at a lot of bucks in Coconino County, my money says its a big one. Hard to tell from those pics, but I bet he will not have any ground shrinkage. Hope you get him.

Head on view. All I know is when I got a good look I said wow. For the first time this week.
Fun trying to figure this out. I see why guy dead set on shooting a big one hire guides. It is hard to tell with heat waves. Plus the minor, to my eye, difference between really big and pretty good.

Enjoying the challenge of it.image.jpg

Last edited:
Lope are a dime a dozen most places and easy enough to kill.
Waited a long time to be picky just this once. Waterhole are out so it will be crawling after them in mostly thin cover.

Tag soup will be tastier for the experience of being here than running home with a young and dumb one.
Have a few days yet. And a Wyoming lope tag to boot. There will be antelope in the freezer this year. :hump:

A fine road hunter mess. Home for a week. Nice to camp wherever the day ends, though. Except....

Kinda screwed up. Had tunes playing while eating and spotting lopes this morning. Headlights were on which I did not know. Dead battery. Maybe a long walk to round up a jump.

Any bright ideas on charging a truck battery with an iPhone?

I'm a couple of days late, but there might be an App for the iPhone for a dead battery. Looking good, hope the one you want gives you a shot. Hang in there.

In a few more years this odd little buck might be Randy's kind of buck. Wandered right by my truck this morning.image.jpg

Last edited:
Four little bucks harassing a lone Doe relentlessly. Not cool. Must what Ladies Night looks like in Northern Alaska...

I was told the Guv tag holder killed a 93 inch buck a couple weeks ago in close proximity to where I have been hunting. Sigh....

Last edited:
Afternoon hunt was uneven refuel. No stalks but plenty lopes seen. And more sparring.

A local guy stopped to visit on side of the road and gave me an ice cold Gatorade. Nice.image.jpg

Last edited:
Just when it was looking like a slam dunk on my new #2 buck. The does blow out and take the buck with them.
I see where they keep looking just in front of me and there is another hunter.

Cripes. Never saw that coming.

Last edited:
5 good stalks yesterday. Just did not come together heading into the cedars after a good one this morning.

All or nothing today. Lowering standards. Feel sorry for any 85"+ lopes in my path.:rolleyes:image.jpg

Last edited:
Back