Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Thug Life

This line in the bear attack story above made me a chuckle: ""I saw a six-point elk on the way out, that was disappointing," he said with a laugh." Anybody who's ever hunted elk can somehow relate to that.

Gerald, it appears your buddy Itsa Hoxe has migrated to San Luis Obispo.

Well.... I guess I swallowed that hook line and sinker.... Can't say I feel too bad though. I got about half the people who read my tall tale and I even gave the credit to Mr. Hoaxe.

The thought of some guy doing this is stupid.....any guy/gal .

I do know of 2 Mtn bikers that used their bikes to fight off cats,but not without being torn up.

Funny,
I used to live in Prefumo Cyn and it does have lots of lions in those hills. Some Bears & boars too.
I had 3 German Shepards and they came in when a lion was near the house, they knew . Lol
These girls would deal with anything else they encountered on the property,quick.
But if a lion was nearby, they'd whine as they came in and go hide in the back bedroom.
They would come out after I'd go out to check if the coast was clear....with a shotgun. Sometimes not till the next day....sissies.

And the canyon is private property.
The dude & his kid were most likely trespassers/hikers.....on the Madonna ranch property.
I'd come home to find folks just picking fruit in MY orchard,pick nic spread out...really?" How about I just come to your store and take what I want"?,followed by a call to the Sheriffs office to let them know I have several thieves/trespassers here under citizens arrest.....I was not popular with sheriff or trespassers.

Man I do not miss SLO...

I have seen 60lb young lion pull down a full size buck and drag it off .....right in a campground with people around. Deer was twice the cats size.Found the carcass the next morning covered up behind the office 20 ft.

Last edited:
Back