Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

A great elk hunting book

thecrittergitter

I'm not much of a book reader, except for the nightly bedtime stories with the kids, but I came across one recently that I wanted to share with all the people on here. What a great book! I read it cover to cover when on my Alaska moose adventure. The author, Bill Sansom is a friend of mine from back in my hometown and has written many stories over the years for Bugle magazine and many others. For those of us that have hunted elk in the mountains of Montana or Idaho, it is easy to follow along his stories just like you were standing there with him on these hunts. Winter is coming and some down time for some of us. Great time of year to have a great elk hunting book to read while the snow is hitting the ground. After reading these stories, I'm all wound up to hit the hills looking for the ol Wapiti. I hope that all of you that enjoy a good book, especially full of neat elk hunting stories, would consider picking up a copy. I think you can get them from www.stoneydale.com. Many of his hunts took place in my stomping grounds where I grew up so I can vividly picture he and his dad sneaking up "ranch hill" on his quest for the elk that were bedded on the top.

Just thought I would pass this on for all the elk hunters that enjoy a compilation of 50+ years of elk hunting stories!

Happy hunting everyone!

Attachments

• Bills Book.jpg
    Bills Book.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 401
Thanks Matt - for the great book review. I want to point out that anyone interested in ordering this book could also call 800-735-7006 or 406-777-2729. If you want, I'd be happy to sign a book for you. Just ask them for a signed copy, and if you would like some personal message in there, I'll be glad to add it. MNElkNut is also correct that Stoneydale Press Publishing Company specializes in outdoor and hunting books by authors including Dwight Schuh, Mike Lapinski, and Ed Wolff.

I'll be scoring whitetail racks at Sportsman Warehouse in Missoula, Montana on November 8th. Bring your trophy whitetail rack in for free BTR measurement and, if it meets minimums, free entry into Buckmaster's Trophy Record Book.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWolf
Back