Guess the score

Believe it or not, we located this buck yesterday.

He is a toad.

My daughter has the tag....hopefully today it will come together.

182-184. Hes a brute I hope you and your daughter smoke him, But If you dont I would try and keep close tabs on him for next year

Last edited:
Good luck on the buck, hope it works out for your daughter and you.

You would think he be a 210+ type deer this year?

Fingers are crossed.

Nice pics!
I wouldn't hesitate to take that buck either :)

I would guess 170 class based on weak fronts and narrowness. A lot of guys with more experience than I are saying 180 class though.

What does it typically take to make up for weak fronts on a Buck?

Width only counts once, and those forks are not weak. The avarage muley buck has an ear length between 8-9". If you compare those tines to his ear your looking at 11-12" fronts thats a great G4 followed by great backs and 22-22.5" mains with a 21-22" inside hes low end 180". His mains are his weakness He finishes out decent but hes short from base to G2. My fiance and I have killed 4 muleys in the last 3 years between 173-191 and the widest one is 23.5" inside the 191 is only 18" inside. My favorite thing to hear from another hunter is "we found a big mature buck with good forks he was just narrow, so we passed."

I thought the same on the main beams. Maybe his mass makes his main beams look small. That's what my wife tells me anyway....

Having killed a 180 this year with the same width and back forks id say 190+ gross with those fronts.

Well.....

After a sleepless night filled with thoughts of this massive buck I can say the buck at the front of this post is no wider. He is taller, deeper, and massively bladed. The mass has to have him in the solid 190's +

We really tried to locate this guy again today.....he didn't show. The daughter passed multiple bucks, but with last light she punched the consolation prize. She continues the habitual accuracy in the field.

It was a fun day!

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
applesauce4000
Back