Chootem! Chootem!

DRAFTSTUD

My wife showed me a letter I received yesterday and I was drawn for 2 Alligator tags in Cross Lake! My son and I have been putting in for 3 years, each year our odds were getting better and this year we hit! Cross Lake is only about 5-10 minutes from the house so it will be a fun time. Now if I can get Travo to go check his mail to see if he got bit also. Chootem, Chootem John, We Geauxing Gator Hunting!:D

That will be a story and pics I WILL be looking forward to. Going to camp out in the back yard to make it a little more realistic?

I will try to use our Go Pro and of course I will use the King's English to accurately describe the blow by blow! LOL A friend told me he drew Caddo Lake and he has done this before so I will be picking his brain on the how to's. You know I have a big old Bobcat I need to thaw out and skin in the freezer........cat on a hook. That might just work!!! Now all I need to find is a Blue stripped pull over shirt. John

Boom!

Gatorposter.jpg

Update. Travis and I went to the Alligator meeting and listened to the Rules and how not to screw up! A trapper and alligator buyer also spoke to us about "Do not do a Rodeo" just gently bring the head to the surface and BAM! Tape mouth and pull in. I went and bought a 15 foot boat to use in the narrow swamp areas we plan to hunt. Travo and I got all the lights hooked up and went spot lighting the swamps Saturday night and found an Egret Roost so that was a good place to check later.
I told a friend who hog hunts a lot to get me some fresh stinking hog guts and tonight he called for me to come get 2 hogs worth of guts! Yeah! If alligators are like fish, then the best bait will make the difference. John

Last night was a real good night scouting. Travo and I put in so we would have a couple of hours of daylight to see where to access the Swamp and learn the Bayous. I have been to some of these areas years ago, but we went way beyond where I had ever been. Travo took us so far back that I honestly didn't know where we were!
We paused at a big opening in the Swamp to let darkness fall and it was great, all kinds of Bats, Ibis and ducks were piling in as we sat there. Then we fired up the boat and turned on the spot light to try and find a gator. Our first gator was a glimpse of the lower jaw about a foot long going down just as I got the light on it. Then we started picking up glowing red eyes going across the water. We marked each encounter with a GPS for putting out lines next Tuesday. On our way back to the landing as we rounded the turn into the canal there was a 6 footer that we got to within 2 foot of.
I am now really getting excited! John

Polk salad Annie
'Gators got your granny
Everybody said it was a shame
For the mama was working on the chain-gang
What a mean, vicious woman

Everyday before suppertime
She'd go down by the truck patch
And pick her a mess of Polk salad
And carry it home in a tote sack

Polk salad Annie
'Gators got you granny
Everybody said it was a shame
'Cause the mama was working on the chain-gang
Whoo, how wretched, dispiteful, straight-razor totin' woman,
Lord have mercy.

-Elvis translation;)

Ken, The regulations say no baiting with Granny! Dadgummit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now if I can find some kittens to put in the tree to keep the gators around.......LOL John

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back