Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Any McCall, ID zone archers on here?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20812

I'm in the process of researching this zone as a possibility for next year.

If you're willing to let me bounce some ideas and questions off of you via PM, please let me know.

Thanks.

I live 1.5 hours south of this zone. A buddy hunts in the cascade area mainly, I tagged along with him twice this year. I typically hunt the Sawtooth zone but I've backpacked and fished in the McCall zone since I was very young.

For what it's worth, I could at least tell you where the most crowded areas are and what areas to avoid, as well as areas you will be able to get away from people. Now whether the elk will be there consistently or if they will bugle for you, that's another story. I know some other members on here hunt that zone a bit, hopefully they will chime in.

I am going to head into unit 23 this year for archery elk.. I am thinking on French Creek Sams throne area, maybe the older burns to the west and northern facing slopes. If anyone knows anything that would be awesome!! Places to avoid, using the terrain to get away from people... I am not much of a road person during hunts...

We will likely be hunting 24/25 this year although there's a possibility it will be the Beaverhead instead. Every morning I wake up with a new plan and yesterdays plan seems like a bad idea. I'll be headed there next month to spend most of a week backpacking/fishing/scouting.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back