Boot Question

HighDesertSage

I bought a pair of Cabela's/Meindl Alaska hunters in July. Wore them up until my first rifle hunt a few weeks ago. The fit great and I have been very happy with them. On my elk hunt, everything got sopping wet and it seems the boots have shrunk! I can no longer wear them comfortably because they are to small. WTH happened? Can I stretch them out again? I have thought about taking them back to Cabela's, but I am thinking they may tell me to go pound sand after wearing them for a few months. Anybody else had this happen?

Your feet might still be swollen or the boot is defective!
Did they keep ya dry? Cabelas should exchange those for ya!
They may shrink a tiny bit from getting soaked but not make them unwearable.

I spoke with Cabela's this morning and they told me to bring them in. I will let you know what they do. We did a backpack trip for 1st rifle and everything got soaked. The boots stayed dry for the first couple of days, but after day 3 were soaked inside and out. Probably a combo of sweat and condensation. I learned a valuable lesson on this trip. A backpack trip in mid-October at 9000'+, without a way to dry out is a recipe for a miserable time. Next year I am doing a truck camp with a wall tent & stove, and renting horses.

I've had 3 pair of Meindls, no issue with shrinkage. You can really shrink up leather if you dry them out too fast with too much heat though.

Cabelas stands behind their stuff forever.

Glad to hear Cabelas stand behind their stuff. We're supposed to be getting two of them here in OK. I like Cabelas better than BPS.

I've had those same boots for the past three years. LOVE the boots. I have walked through much water and I have never had your issue. Cabelas did the right thing.

good luck to all
the dog

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back