Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

My kid and a $600 truck

Sweet deal and I too like the fact he earned it himself.

What does the bumper sticker say about "private land"?

If is is like my bumper sticker it says

"ask Permission to hunt or fish on private land"

Got mine in new Mexico, i think.

Like the approach of putting on the front bumper. To be see as you drive up to do a little door knocking to gain access.

Thats great.

I remember my first truck buying purchase. i found a fairly nice truck that I could afford but it was 2wd. I was wanting something so bad that i wanted to buy it. My Dad and I took it for a spin up the canyon about 20 miles. It ran like a champ until we turned around to come back. That little bugger died and wouldn't start. We pushed it a ways until we hit downhill, jumped in and coasted about 19 of the 20 miles. Left it on the side of the road and walked home. Called the guy and told him what happened and where to find the truck. He said he would fix it up and call us when it was done. My dad said don't bother. I was so dissapointed but my dad told me the "right" truck would come along and just to be patient. A few months later the "right" truck did come along and it was way better that the first truck, and it was 4wd... I drove that truck for a lot of years. That was about 25 years ago.

Never forget my first one; '55 Chev 3/4 ton SWB 4 in the floor. The engine was trash so I bought a wrecked '61 Impala with a damaged front clip, yanked the 348 ci engine, found a truck V-8 bell housing out by Brighton,CO, welded in motor mounts on the frame rails, rigged some throttle linkage and was in business. I probably saw 3/4ths of the sagebrush in CO and a lot of WY, sleeping in the bed with a tarp thrown over a rope while chasing mulies and antelope, pheasant, duck and quail from Walsh to Julesburg to Maybell and Irish Canyon to Cortez and lots of turf in between. I hope he gets as much use out of his and has as many hunting adventures as I did.

Sold the old horse to my wife's uncle for $250 when I left CO for NC; kinda wish I had it back now.

Read this thread while in the mountains with the family...made me smile. Refreshing stuff T..especially # 2's diligence.

And Dad now has knowledge (how to fix a truck) that a 16 year old son wants. When my nephews started buying cars, it did a lot for my brother's relationship with them.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back