Turkey Broadheads, what does everyone use?

Mthuntinfool

Since spring turkey is coming up soon, I want to try and get one with my bow. what broadheads do ya'll recommend? and also what is your preferred shot placement? thanks!

Just use my regular broadheads for deer/elk since I know how they fly. Shoot for the bottom of the wing right above the leg when they're sideways or straight up the pipe if they're fanned out looking away.

I use Rage 3 blades on turkeys. They are devastating. Remember the old adage...hit them high watch them die, hit them low watch them go. A turkey's vitals aren't situated where you'd think they are. I like to shoot them when they are facing away or slightly quartering away.

attachment.php

Muzzy 100gr 3 blade. I prefer to shoot them in the hips, and center of the back. Watch Youtube for some great shot placement videos.

Thanks for the input, I shoot rage hypodermic 2-blades, but wasn't sure if they would open fast enough. I will try them out this year and hopefully have some results to show you!

I used NAP Spitfire turkey broadheads last year and it worked out very well for me. This year I think I'll try a head-lopper for something different.

Magnus bullheads. Get a stiff spined arrow with a 4 fletch and have some fun

magnus bullhead, I like the head shot, they drop and flop. Then his buddy or buddies jump him while he is down which opens up the opportunity for a double. ( iowa archery allows 2 tags for the same season)
only downfall is they need heavier spined arrows to be accurate

Magnus bullheads. Head/Neck shots are lethal or a miss. The target isn't any tougher and the kills are certain. I have had one bird get away after a Rage hit and another one that took three of us to chase down after a Rage Xtreme.

I bought the magnus combo that comes with the two Victory arrows and they shoot well. This last /season I bought a half dozen of the Gold Tip XT 75/95. I did a 4-fletch with 5" Duarvanes and they flew amazing. No need to make special changes to my setup.

I've killed 3 toms with archery gear. All with Thunderhead 100's. The first was a head shot. The 2nd and 3rd were body shots. Both were hit well, but both took flight. Both were recovered with help of my dog.

I've never killed a turkey at all but I really want to try it with my recurve this year. I'm just going to use my whitetail setup. 125 gr. Muzzys.

Back