Should I change fletchings

RyeGuy74

Hey,

Just want to start by saying, that while I have been doing archery for awhile, when it comes to fletchings I have always just used the Blazers that come on the Easton Axis 4mm Long Range, my preferred arrow.

My question is, since I have been going through fletchings like they're out of style lately, do I keep getting the arrows re-fletched with the Blazers or is there maybe a different fletching I should try? Just thought I'd ask yall before I take my arrows down to my local shop to get re-fletched.

Again, I have never messed with changing up fletchings before so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

No issues other than the operator ones. Just wondering if there are other options I should try or if I should just stick with the originals

Are you getting fletching contact with something, shooting through a whisker biscuit? what is causing the problem? Sorry, what are the operator ones?

If they are ok as is, and they come that way, you'd be better off leaving them like they are to match. It sounds like it is easy to go to the store to buy compatible arrows. Once you are doing your own thing, all of the new arrows will have to be refletched which seems like a waste.

Are you getting fletching contact with something, shooting through a whisker biscuit? what is causing the problem? Sorry, what are the operator ones?
Like operator error. I make a wild shot or I mess with them.

Like operator error. I make a wild shot or I mess with them.
I’ve never had an issue with factory blazers not sticking. Mine have been pretty durable. I had one batch where a couple peeled up and as goatshoes said, I just took super glue and dabbed the leading edge on the fletchings for the whole dozen, and never had an issue after that.

As far as different fletchings fixing this issue, I’ve used a few different ones, and if anything, you’ll see worse problems with some of the other “after market” brands out there due to their material type and the kinds of glue they use. Blazers seem to be one of the more durable due to material and how they are glued on.

Now if you’re wanting to change fletchings due to accuracy, broadhead stabilization, lower profile for wind or a specific rest, offset or helical twist, FoC, TAW, etc., that’s a different story, and I support tinkering with new fletchings for chasing better groups.

As long as your broadheads are grouping well and you're not getting any vane contact, there's no reason to change. Blazers are popular for a reason (because they work). There are many other fletching options that would also work, but if it ain't broke...

I still use the original Blazers and have never been compelled to switch. I did get the Arizona EZ Fletch and do a hard right helical over the top of a 4in wrap. I love being able to control my own setup and fletch when I need to. Loctite control gel is the greatest fletching glue ever made. As said a dab on the front and back of the fletching after the main fletching is done and dry makes them pretty bullet proof.

The helical is a game changer for me. I thought I liked my setup but I liked it a lot more after I started shooting helical. The extra spin is way more forgiving. Hard to quantify until you experience it.

I’ve really only heard two negatives associated with blazers; some people get contact sue to the height and others saying they are noisy.

I went through all kinds of silly fletching ideas the last time I built some arrows and settled on 4 fletching aae hybrid 26 vanes. I can’t say I shoot them any better than I did when I shot blazers

The other thing if you start playing with your own flethcing and offset/helical etc. Shoot your bow bare shaft at like 5yds. Mark your arrow so you can see what way the arrow naturally rotates off the string. Don't want a natural left turn and throw right helical on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back