Win a hunt!

Put me in the mix to win. According to the the federal trade commission for contests where prizes are given away there has to be a no purchase necessary in the rules?

Put me in the mix to win. According to the the federal trade commission for contests where prizes are given away there has to be a no purchase necessary in the rules?

Living up to your HuntTalk namesake??:.....:eek:

Seriously? Really? Randy has been one of the most generous people that I know not named Santa and you are gonna complain about him giving a hunt away?

I am sure that if it is that important to you, we could put a thread up asking for donations to cover the costs of the DVDs for you. Just say the word and I will volunteer to start the thread.

Seriously? Really? Randy has been one of the most generous people that I know not named Santa and you are gonna complain about him giving a hunt away?

I am sure that if it is that important to you, we could put a thread up asking for donations to cover the costs of the DVDs for you. Just say the word and I will volunteer to start the thread.

Calm down guys. When they said they were "in," I assume that means they purchased a DVD. The second sentence was perhaps just a warning to us to make sure we are not running afoul of any FTC laws.

I am pretty sure this all got sorted out while "win a hunt" was being planned. Just in case, I've escalated the issue to the guy in charge. Thanks for your concern.

My apologies Cornell. I really do think Randy has been extremely generous and it bothered me for someone to suggest something adverse.

Kinda pisses me off too! I feel bad for paying just $30 for quality entertainment and a chance to win.

Last edited:
My apologies Cornell. I really do think Randy has been extremely generous and it bothered me for someone to suggest something adverse.

I can understand, and I thank you for standing up for us. Besides, I might be the one who is wrong, not you. Sometimes trying to interpret the tone of text is difficult.

I'm going hunting in CO this fall, it would be even better if Randy was the guide. DVD's have been purchased!

Today is the last day. Your purchase must be before midnight Mountain Time to be in the sweepstakes drawings.

We will get the results posted over the coming week, starting with the fifth place price, then moving toward the grand prize by the end of the week.

Good luck everyone! I still haven't taken the DVD out of the package yet. Still laying on my desk like it came in the mail.

Randy,
Thank you for all that you do in protecting our rights and while protecting our resources.

I am looking forward to taking some notes when the discs show up. I have been working my tail off and banking vacation days to finally get my boots in some elk woods this year. Doing it myself is the plan for 2015 but this opportunity would be a phenomenal chance to hunt with one of the greats.

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Well, the web guys have exported the data base of purchases. Total is 558 entries. So, you can calculate your odds of winning a prize. The number that were sold the last week was the largest of any week in the entire period.

Having an outside CPA firm pull the random numbers this week. Hopefully tomorrow.

Should we start with grand prize, or work our way to the grand prize by announcing the other winners first? None of that changes the numbers drawn, just the order in which folks find out who won which prize.

1/558 is like 28.4 times better odds than a Montana goat tag, right? Joking...
Good luck everyone!

Total is 558 entries. So, you can calculate your odds of winning a prize.

So, does that mean that since I have one entry, I have a .862% chance at winning one of the 5?

For suspense purposes, have the Grand prize announced last. That's my vote anyway.

Well if nothing else, I have really enjoyed watching the dvds....three times over :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
applesauce4000
Back