The big CO buck of 2014

What a cool story, looks like it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Wish him the best. So refreshing to see deer like that come out of the blue to a regular joe, compared to the spider bull episode in UT a few years ago. To each their own, but this is a pretty awesome situation for this guy.

Nice story with the solo hunter stumbling onto such a large-racked buck. Is hard for me to get excited when a half dozen guys or more chase down a big animal and set up someone to be the shooter that probably could not read a map to get around Disneyland. Throw in all the crap on those posse events with blocking roads and other monkey business then makes the story of this Colorado buck that much more real. I feel like this is a hunter I would like to share a coffee with and talk about hunting and life in general.

Nice story & vid clip, I'd passed on the 200k as well. Congrats to him and a great deer!

Wonderful, refreshing story. It's great to see an average guy kill a monster like that.

Awesome buck, great story. If I remember correctly Milo Hanson shot his whitetail while basically doing the same thing. Good things come to those that deserve it and usually when you least expect them.

WOW!......it is truly refreshing to see a young hunter with such a grounded disposition.....so happy for him.
I'm quite sure all the Muley bucks I've harvested in my life wouldn't collectively score 292"!!!!

Back