Washington Antelope!

fishing4sanity

For you guys lucky enough to see antelope frequently this wouldn't be a big deal, but seeing an antelope in Washington state - that's kind of a big deal. Antelope long ago disappeared from the state, but in January 2011 there were 99 brought from Nevada and released on the Yakama reservation. I see them occasionally between home and town, but these two were in my pea field! I was pretty excited to see them on the farm and will let them eat here anytime they want. I doubt I'll ever see them reach the point of having a huntable population, but just seeing them is good enough for me.
Antelope1.jpg
Antelope2.jpg
Antelope3.jpg

That is very cool. I would love to have them around our place. Out on the reservoir on the breaks where the Powder meets the Snake the does go to have their fawns. About a week ago heading out one morning we spotted a doe with 2 tiny fawns maybe a mile away. The little ones were really testing their legs, running out then circling back to mom. On the ridge above them were 2 does on sentry. Best thing I've seen a long time.

I saw three along 97 just south of Toppenish earlier this spring. It made my weekend. The Colvilles also released another group just this spring on there reservation somewhere up around Omak Lake.

Have a resident herd in the city limits. Live on the old Roswell Municipal Airport. It is such a hoot to see them. Herd is about 30 with a couple of small bucks. It is nice to seem them on or home from work.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back