Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Subaru Outback - opinions/reviews

Elkmagnet

So the wife decided that she wants to buy a Subaru Outback since it happens to be hunting gear review season I wanted some of your opinions on the subject.

The questions I have are -

1. Is she going to stop shaving her body hair?

2. Should I get an REI membership card?

3. Is anything in Trader Joes edible?

4. Do I need to start saving for a townhouse in sun valley?

5. Is there a mushroom picking forum?

Oh and anything you have to say about Subaru outbacks in general would be helpful.

1. Is she going to stop shaving her body hair? Only if you're into that.;)

2. Should I get an REI membership card? What's wrong with REI?

3. Is anything in Trader Joes edible? Jo-Jo's Os!!

4. Do I need to start saving for a townhouse in sun valley? No, Boulder...:eek:

5. Is there a mushroom picking forum? http://www.shroomery.org/forums/

Best goddamn car going.Rednecks generally have their heads too deeply inserted to admit the subaru is and has been superior for 20-30 years.Get over any associations, its immature,stupid and ignorant.I have seen Outbacks bypass silly jacked up trucks with useless over sized tires.However,...if you put a "Free Tibet" sticker on the car my inner redneckness WILL unfortunately surface and profile you.:D:D flame away.haha

I like subaru, very nice dependable cars. Toyota is part-owner of subaru. Just put some Bush/Cheney stickers on it and I heard it cancels the granola right out of it. Lol

you'll also need a hipster glasses and sandals...a friend in Missoula (go figure) has 2 Subarus and really only wishes they got a little better fuel mileage for commuting.

Just got the wife one. There expensive but seem to be worth it. I drive it all over, it's now our primary car. Awesome gas mileage, can carry a bunch of stuff. Only real issues; again they're expensive, they're a little tight with no center arm rest/console that drives me nuts, and I feel like all the other guys are judging me when I drive it. Which they are, cause I would. It's nice though and I'd buy it again.

I just bought my wife a 2nd outback last fall. Its the 4 cyl has plenty of power and good mileage. The 2014 outback have a timing chain instead of the belt, which usually goes out at 100k miles. She is a conservative and believes in shaving.

You're on the right track. They'll even give you one of these when you register at DMV.

bluegirl.jpg

Though I've been seeing a few of these around town recently...

redgirlredstate-mum.jpg

I bought my wife a new Crosstrek. Im going to use in during hunting season, maybe people will just think its a granola cruncher instead of a hunter......covertness.

Secondly I hope I get a bull big enough that I cant fit it inside, so I have to strap that sucker to the roof. Hippies will weep....

My brother has one and loves it, as does my cousin. They are excellent vehicles as long as you get the new roomy ones and not the old mini version.

You rarely see a recall involving Subaru.

Wife has 1 & they are great! If there is enough ground clearance, they will go anywhere! Feel more safe going in it than 4x4 truck I have.This is our 3rd & each had about 150,000-200,000 miles on them. Very few repairs were ever needed & never anything major!

Last edited:
Crazy good practical car that can handle gravel and dirt roads just fine.

I've hunted more out of Subaru's than any other vehicle. Mostly bird hunting, but I've killed a lot of lopes and deer and 2 elk via Subaru.

Best one was a '84 Wagon 4x4. Driving from Stanley to Nampa with two dead spike bulls, and a nice 4x muley was fun. Meat wagon.

Back