Caribou Gear Tarp

Zamberlan Guides

HighDesertSage

I'm pretty excited, I just bought a pair of the Zamberlan 960 Guide GTX RR at REI. I loved my Meindl's, but I couldn't get a pair to last for more than 6 months. Luckily Cabela's made it right.

Anyone have any reviews on these boots?

Totally abused mine last fall and they were fantastic! Took a little bit to break them in but it was well worth the time. I changed insoles right away and have had ZERO issues with blisters or heal slippage.You are going to love them.

I'm past due for new footwear, that's a good looking boot. Any width insights?

..narrow foot.

I just got my pair of 1006's in the mail yesterday. Wore them around the house all night. Can't wait to break these in.

I have the 960s. the 980s and a pair of Ibex. They are true to fit, and fit like a dream. If it says 10 1/2 wide, it is. I will NEVER give up my Zamberlans or hunt ever again in any other boot. I have sheep hunted for years in the nastiest crap and these boots flat do not fail.

FYI....Campsaver has a 10% discount code. Checked it for validity on the 960's....good to go.

What makes the 960 better than the 730? I like the weight of the 730 better but have never handled either of them. I can't really see the difference besides weight and price. Where does the 996 fit in?

These questions are the only reason I don't own some. Just don't know which to order.

Last edited:
What makes the 960 better than the 730? I like the weight of the 730 better but have never handled either of them. I can't really see the difference besides weight and price.

Upper materials and rubber rind I suppose. The pack description is classified moderate.

960's and 980's here. Narrow foot as well. Love these boots. Also have their 230 crossers for early season hunting. Like the support of the all leather boots much more.

There is a pretty good deal on some ZAMBERLAN 1012 VIOZ GORETEX HUNTING BOOTs right now on Camofire.

Got the boots last night. I gotta say I am very impressed with the quality. They are stiff, as to be expected, and also I would say they are a bit more narrow than most other boots. Overall I am very pleased. I will be wearing them to work for a few weeks to help with break in. Also they definitely run true to size. Glad I went with the 10.

For those of you that say you have narrow feet and the Zamberlans work just fine - what is your actual foot width. I'm one of those guys with B width and have a terrible time getting a boot narrow enough.
As far as the Kenetrek's - I'm one of those guys where the boots have absolutely tore up my heals even after changing out insoles multiple times and sending the boots back to Kenetrek to see what they can do so that is not an option.

I would say that they are just "slightly"more narrow than other boots. If you have feet that are that narrow I would consider getting something custom made or special ordered for your width. Maybe try Lathrop and Sons? You could also go into a Redwing store and they will get you measured up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back