Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wyoming Unit 25

redwoood

Has anyone hunted unit 25 for antelope? Looks like there would be enough public land to get on some animals but I know some may not be accessible. Looks like the walk in is limited as well. I was looking to pick up some leftover doe tags and possibly a buck tag once I am done hunting in my usual unit. Any first hand experience regarding accessibility and recommendations on a camp site would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has hunted on a ranch in that unit that the owner would let a few guys fill some doe tags.
Thanks

I've hunted it 2 times.

Lots of the public you're looking at is not accessible via county road.

Theres one landowner in particular that is a real Richard Cranium that blocks access (or at least easy access) to a large block of public.

If you want to hike, dont mind packing your animals on your back, theres some good country and plenty of pronghorns.

Probably wouldnt hurt to be aware that you're not going to have the public areas to yourself the first few days anyway.

i hunted it last year up out of midwest, got one buck and a doe. should have done better but got the heck out of there before the snow storm hit,only hunted a day and a half. did talk to some guys that hunted at the end of ormsby road they had a couple bucks, get the gps hunting map and you will be goog to go.

No. South boundary is the platte river. The north boundary is mostly highway 387. East boundary is a river as well.

I live in the area. There is public land just he** to find and stay on it. The Ormsby Rd area has public lands and the best way to hunt is on foot. By the time you skin, gut it and bone out you can carry it out on your back just fine. I am a old fat guy and can carry two just fine. There is a a land owner that will try to chase the Antelope from you hunting but a quick call to the GF Warden will maybe stop that. Out here they will hunt you to the ends of the earth for a violation but "kinda forget" stuff when it's the land owner or outfitter in the wrong....
Check out the east side of the area for land owners that will let you hunt on there land also. Do that at the Casper GF office for land owner names well before season as they let only a few people in. There are some very large Bucks (both Deer and Antelope) out here and they are extra smart. I see who all made it through the hunting season when they come to drink out of the cow tank here.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back