Wyoming sex identification proof.

Bukwild3

I have a 29-6 doe tag. The regs say visible sex organ, head or antlers. For the doe does the organ have to be attached to a leg?

I had a Wyoming G&F biologist tell me that it had to be attached to a fist-size piece of meat. That was a number of years ago and I believe now, that it can just accompany the animal in a baggie etc.

Yep. Attached to a "edible" portion of meat. About the size of your hand. If its a whitetail or mule deer only tag....make sure that you leave enough fur for them to identify.

No, proof of sex (organs or head) does not have to be attached to an edible portion of meat, it just has to accompany the carcass. It would be pretty tough to leave the head attached to a front quarter or backstrap.

No, proof of sex (organs or head) does not have to be attached to an edible portion of meat, it just has to accompany the carcass. It would be pretty tough to leave the head attached to a front quarter or backstrap.

It definetl reads this way. I would think this to be true being that there is no specific wording on it. I

Proof of sex for a type 6 Antelope does not need to be attached to anything. Toss a piece of the udder in a baggie and be on your way. The attachment portion of the regulation was clarified a cpl years ago. Went thru a check station two years ago with 4 Wardens.

warden; "wha'd you shoot?"
me; we have six Does, udders are in a baggie. Wanna see em?"
Warden; nope, you're good. Just read me the license numbers for my paperwork.

I would recommend calling the warden responsible for the area you are hunting. I did, and he told me that with smart phones being so ubiquitous that a simple cell phone pic would suffice for him. I doubt that that fits the letter of the law, but it works for him in his jurisdiction.

Proof of sex in a baggie now. Put the udder or "lips" in a baggie, in the cooler with the meat. WapitiBob is right, does not have to be attached to edible meat portion.

Proof of sex in a baggie now. Put the udder or "lips" in a baggie, in the cooler with the meat. WapitiBob is right, does not have to be attached to edible meat portion.

Yep. That is what I said to start with. Regs changed a couple years back. A head never did need to be attached, but you also had to have other parts on the meat. Now, just tag em' and bag em'.

Thanks yall. I did verify with the wlf. Not connected, just with the carcass in a bag is fine. Apparently the wording changed not too long ago!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back