Wyoming choice clarification

ChrisC

I was watching Randy's Wyoming draw system video as well as a quick search on here but couldn't find clarification on how your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd unit options for Wyoming Antelope are handled. when they are drawing tags, do they issue 1sr, 2nd, and 3rd choice tags for everyone who has, for example, 3 preference points before they start issuing tags for 1st choice for someone with less than 3 preference points? in other words, would someone with 3 PP get a tag for their 3rd choice unit before someone with 2PP if that unit was their 1st choice?

The preference points only apply to/affect your 1st choice. I could be wrong, but I'm sure you'll get more responses and a correction if I'm wrong. Good luck!

Nope, they only look at everyone's first choice. The only way you can draw your second choice is if there are leftover permits after everyone's first choice is looked at. You do not use points if you draw your second or third choice.

thanks guys...ive been spinning my wheels trying to find this answer. currently I have 1 PP. it sounds like it wouldnt be in my best interest to use an easy to draw unit as my first choice so i I don't lose my PP and still get the same unit as my second choice?

Yea personally I wouldn't burn a point on a easy unit, try to get a tag in random draw for a better unit and maybe you'll get lucky in the random draw. That way if you don't draw first/random you gain your point and hopefully draw a easy second choice or get a leftover tag and still gain that point for future hunts. That's my goal and even tho i get a leftover tag I still have fun and been 2 for 2 last couple years.

Back