Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Wyoming 2015

I like to filet the breast out, then flour and fry. Like he said, just get them brown and not overdone. Reminds me a bit of beef liver when cooked this way.

Thanks for sharing! Field dressing those grouse is the way to go! We would tear a large hole in the rear and flick the entrails out, then reach and pull the heart and lungs out. Another way to cook them is like chicken fried steak. Good eating, them young birds are a little better tasting than the bigger ones.

Nice camping set up! Is that a camp ground? And also I see a ice chest rack on the back, did you build it? I like the idea of being able to load a couple chest on there!

Nice camping set up! Is that a camp ground? And also I see a ice chest rack on the back, did you build it? I like the idea of being able to load a couple chest on there!

The bureau of reclamation maintains campsites on the river. They are free on a first come basis. We used this area as a base camp to allow access to fishing, birds, and my antelope unit.

I got the rack from my older brother. Not sure of it's origin, but it will hold up to a 200qt cooler (or several 50qt coolers parallel to the truck), a couple of 5 gallon fuel cans, and a hi lift jack. Helps with the limited room in the short bed on the crew cab. I did have to have it reinforced to hold up that much weight. There are several 500lb capacity ones available though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back