WY Deer Hunt 2011

mconway951

Leaving in a couple weeks to go to WY for a mule deer and antelope hunt. We didnt draw any fancy tag so we went online got some leftover tags and doing a lil research through the people at WY G&F (who were extremely helpful) found some decent public land its broke up all over the place and limited acces but if we get out and hike should see some game. I was also able to find a land owner who was willing to let us go hunting on his place he only lets 6 people go a year him and his son being two of them and he had room for us which made me one happy hunter. He has been a great guy to get to know over the summer via email and although he isn't very big into hunting he has a decent place to go.
We will be hunting the opening days of the season then his son and him are gonna go but i was glad to get the 3 days thats for sure.
He sent me some pics of some of the deer in his backyard he isn;t big into hiking to see deer so he just takes pics of the deer by his house and driveway. I have never mule deer hunted before so i am a newbie to judging them i am guessing this guy is still lil young but what do you think he would score?

Attachments

• DSCN1203.JPG
    DSCN1203.JPG
    265 KB · Views: 301
Definitely a young deer, but a nice buck. I'd guess him about 155-160. Good luck.

Deer always look good in the velvet. His width looks good and tine length on the back forks looks pretty good too. It looks like his antlers are past his ears which could mean he's 24 to 26 inches wide. For your first mulie...don't pass one up that looks like this.

yea if i see him in season i am gonna take a crack at him for sure, he looked a lil tin in te mass dept to me but for my first i will gladly take him with a smile on my face he is way more then what my expectations were going into buying leftover tags in a unit i have never seen.
Few other pics

Attachments

• DSCN1193.JPG
    DSCN1193.JPG
    263.1 KB · Views: 258
  • DSCN1031.jpg
    DSCN1031.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 258
Nice looking deer. Good luck laying the smack down on either of them !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back