WY Antelope Preference points stats

JesseThomas2002

Hi, Im looking into possibly applying for a antelope tag for next year and wondering if i should purchase PPs. I have been on some outfitted private land bowhunts and never had a problem drawing a tag ,But now im looking into some DIY opportunity's. Ive been looking for a website giving Wyoming preference points unit stats .Any links or websites to check out? Ive been on WY fish and game without much luck. Thanks Jesse

Thanks, I guess I missed it somewhere on there. I'll try to make sense of the sheets here and I'll get a point incase.

Pronghorn points in WY are the cheap date for non-resident hunting out west. Buy for a year or two and have a really nice hunt on public land with high success on a nice mature buck then buy some more points for a couple of years and repeat. NM used to be a decent roll of the dice for pronghorn and you would be assigned private property as part of the tag you drew but when NM cut the DIY NR tags to about 1/3 of the prior allotment then I have not drawn since. I am getting older and figure my last hunts will be WY pronghorn, Missouri whitetail at the edge of a farm field and spring turkey hunting about anywhere not too hilly.

I always suggest the first big game hunt for a youngster be pronghorn as is usually moderate terrain with plenty of public land to camp on, usually dozens of mature animals seen each day and are fun to glass and stalk up closer, in my opinion. A 75" buck does not look that much different than a 60" buck so every buck is a trophy buck to most kids.

Pronghorn points in WY are the cheap date for non-resident hunting out west. Buy for a year or two and have a really nice hunt on public land with high success on a nice mature buck then buy some more points for a couple of years and repeat. NM used to be a decent roll of the dice for pronghorn and you would be assigned private property as part of the tag you drew but when NM cut the DIY NR tags to about 1/3 of the prior allotment then I have not drawn since. I am getting older and figure my last hunts will be WY pronghorn, Missouri whitetail at the edge of a farm field and spring turkey hunting about anywhere not too hilly.

I always suggest the first big game hunt for a youngster be pronghorn as is usually moderate terrain with plenty of public land to camp on, usually dozens of mature animals seen each day and are fun to glass and stalk up closer, in my opinion. A 75" buck does not look that much different than a 60" buck so every buck is a trophy buck to most kids.

I definitely hear ya on the buck size , I got one that's 65 in and one that's 69 and can't really tell the difference.Ive been out there twice just on private ground ,I figure with the amount of animals it wouldnt be to hard to have an opportunity at some decent pronghorn while saving some money with doing myself on public ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back