MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wolf thread XVIII Legislation to remove wolves from ESA!

Sytes

http://www.flatheadnewsgroup.com/articles/2010/08/19/hungryhorsenews/news/news_8717847971_01.txt

Montana Congressman Denny Rehberg said he plans to co-sponsor legislation that will remove the gray wolf from Endangered Species Act protection.

The bill, introduced by Congressman Chet Edwards of Texas, amends the ESA to specifically exclude wolves from protection.

"The gray wolf (Canis lupus' shall not be treated as an endangered species or threatened species for purposes of this Act," the amendment reads.

Nice! I take back all I said about Texas! :) Good stuff Chet and Denny, you better do more than... "plan" to co-sponsor... you better get your keister going and git er done!

"It's become clear the courts and the environmental extremists have abandoned the principle of sound science when determining the status of the gray wolf," Rehberg said last week. "Years of research, dedicated efforts by land owners and local officials, and the expert opinions of on-the-ground wildlife managers have been given a back seat to profit-motivated environmental groups. We need to call attention to this abuse and solve an issue that should have been put to rest years ago."

More posturing from the congressionals...at best.

Leave it to a Texan to draft worthless legislation...and a Montanan to sign off on it. I wonder if Denny Rehberg even remembers the last time he actually did anything worthwhile at work? Between drunken boat rides and trying to shut off access to state lands...I highly doubt it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrturtle
Back