Wisconsin 1st weekend deer kill down 16%

cheeser

wolves?

People. Wolves don’t help, but years of too many antlerless tags is the main cause in my opinion.

People. Wolves don’t help, but years of too many antlerless tags is the main cause in my opinion.
I agree. I Hunt St. Croix county as a MN non resident. I got 5 doe tags at no extra cost when I purchased my tag. Seems irrational. We see plenty of deer but does anyone actually need 5 doe tags? And if they do, why not make a non resident like myself pay for the tags. My 2 cents..

Most places there isn't a shortage of does.

Wisconsin is like two different states, as you know.

Southern Wisconsin (mostly private), I agree with you. Northern part of the state (mostly public) I absolutely think there is a shortage of does in the eyes of the typical hunter.

From the DNR’s perspective, we are probably approaching the goal up there unfortunately.

Wisconsin is like two different states, as you know.

Southern Wisconsin (mostly private), I agree with you. Northern part of the state (mostly public) I absolutely think there is a shortage of does in the eyes of the typical hunter.

From the DNR’s perspective, we are probably approaching the goal up there unfortunately.
You are certainly right. South and North of hwy 64 are not the same deer herds/management

There is absolutely no doe shortage in the coulee region I hunt. Very few does are killed compared to tags possessed, imo! I do not see or hear any of the doe trophies, but a whole lot of buck trophies are parked at the bar, a stupid $*)Q!#@$ tradition, especially in warm temperatures! I am one of the few bow hunters I know in this area who shoots does, gun or bow! This year I am injured, at least two does live to breed again!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back