Yeti GOBOX Collection

why am i so damn ethical

nickdooley987

Today i had a chance to harvest my first deer with a bow at 8 yards unfortinatly it was an old spike buck and where i hunt there is a 4 pt rule in affect.. 5 archery seasons no deer, deer at 8 yards making scrape... tough

that's what makes a true horn hunter..... and you were true too your buddies..... but not a true "hunter" a hunter is out too harvest an animal and fill the freezer so the family doesn't starve over the winter back in the day, so I would have shot, but that just because I have not bought red meat in 6 years..... that may be the preception of a modern day "hunter".....
Matt

i am hunting on public ground and i like my right to hunt but that right can be taken away by breaking the law if i was anywhere else in the world i would of shot no doubt about it, also i have killed many deer past 6 years just none with bow as im new to bow hunting.

please dont call me a horn hunter.....the reason i am on public ground is because the farm my family hunted for years and years that we farmed and worked on to secure hunting rights was sold to an outfitter (horn hunter) please do not draw conclusions without the facts sir.

that's what makes a true horn hunter..... and you were true too your buddies..... but not a true "hunter" a hunter is out too harvest an animal and fill the freezer so the family doesn't starve over the winter back in the day, so I would have shot, but that just because I have not bought red meat in 6 years..... that may be the preception of a modern day "hunter".....
Matt

Not sure if you misunderstood the original post or are saying you would have violated the local laws to put meat in the fridge. But nickdooley absolutely did the right thing in not taking an animal that didn't meet designated requirments. He can look himself in the mirror and feel good about his ethics.

those are always tough decisions. But on behalf of all the rest of us hunters, Thank you for being the ethical hunter you are.

Matt

I'm pretty sure ol' Ducky misunderstood the first post.

yea I actually did... sorry, I thought it said it was just a agreement with buddy's not too shoot anything smaller than a 4 point, my bad..... ur, totally right in not shooting that deer.... didn't understand that it was a state law..... my bad....
Matt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back