Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Which fletching jig?

I don't know the brand but I bought them from Anderson Archery back in the 1960's. A single and a six fletcher. Both helical and straight clamps, inserts for 3 @ 120, 4 @ 90, 4 @ 75x105, and 6 @ 60. They have fletched several hundred arrows over the years with no problems.
I don't think the current Anderson Archery is the same one I purchased from years ago.

AZ easy fletch. 3 vane left helical for anything and everything!
You ever compare the helical to offset? In theory wouldn’t the helical create more spin and cause the arrow to slow quicker which in turn would lead to a larger pin gap or sight tape?

You ever compare the helical to offset? In theory wouldn’t the helical create more spin and cause the arrow to slow quicker which in turn would lead to a larger pin gap or sight tape?
I've heard the theory, but there was no noticeable difference in my end. I added 50 grains to my arrow before shooting through the chrono so I can't give the speed of helical vs offset fletch

I am getting ready to redo all of my arrows as I'm going to go from a 340 to a 300 spine 5mm Axis, with brass inserts and a single bevel broadhead.

There are right/left/straight/helical clamps. They also can be offset different amounts.

Make sure you buy what is compatible with your arrows. If you have them made by a local shop, ask them what they use and buy some spare parts (feathers (left/right) /vanes) from them.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back