Well Darn, Charlie Robison

That's like...a bummer man...

Had to listen to a few tonight. Didn't know he couldn't perform anymore either, so it goes.

Sunset Blvd

Well, I wish I had my picture on The Rolling Stone today
I wish that The Enquirer spread a rumor that I was gay
Well, I wish I had some buddies, some movie stars and such
'Cause I probably wouldn't worry about the two of us as much
And I'd spend all my money on caviar and cocaine
And I would not remember how you broke my heart today

He was one of my favorites, I was friends with his Managers’ girlfriend in the late ‘90’s and wound up hanging out with him a few times.

Had a really funny situation once were I had a some potential clients at a Spurs game 15 or so years ago and Charlie was there - one of them was a big fan of his; Charlie was by the bar and I walked up threw my arm over his shoulder and said “Hey Charlie! Good to see you!’…he gave me a two second blank stare and said “Holy S&$t! How have you been?!” Then he ordered a round for everyone. Was quite obvious he sized up the situation and had no idea who I was and just decided to help me out. Just the same, the guys that were with me were impressed and had a great time. I landed that deal and still have the contract many years later. I did pick up the whole tab- Charlie’s, my clients, everyone else Charlie bought a round for…luckily the bar closed at the end of the 3rd period.

His sad song about a doomed oil field hand in the least populated county of West Texas is a classic for me...The Lights of Loving County.

His sad song about a doomed oil field hand in the least populated county of West Texas is a classic for me...The Lights of Loving County.
Love that song!! I had a great cd w him, his brother Bruce, n Jack Ingram live that was awesome!!! Many a drive down to the “Redneck Riviera” listening to that among others of his

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back