Week 2 MT huns and sharptail

Nemont

First I am going to apologize in advance for a tailgate shot. We just didn't have time to pose a decent pic.

My buddy and I headed to the my wife's family ranch but we couldn't leave town until after 2:30 on Saturday due to my kids have Volleyball and Soccer games. We left town and hit the ranch about an hour later. The plan was to hunt Saturday afternoon , stay overnight and hunt Sunday morning then head home.

Well it turned into a great afternoon hun hunt. We had more huns pointed then I can ever remember. Even in the sharptail areas that normally hold sharpies were were getting big coveys of huns.

Anyway we managed 14 huns between us. We put two others down but just could not locate them with the dogs. So counting them in the bag we called it an night with 14 huns and 1 lone sharptail in the bag.

Here is my buddy and his girl Dru. She did a great job on these huns.

Saturday Afternoon.
P9051718.jpg

Sunday was up and out hunting.

Some of the country side.

P9061723.jpg

P9061722.jpg

Anyway here is the dreaded tail gate shot. We ended up on Sunday with 6 more huns and 8 more sharptail.

P9061726.jpg

It was a great weekend for the hunting, scenery and dog work.

Nemont

That is awesome. And beats the hell out of politics!

If you ever need another gun and a high strung english pointer to help reduce your hun population just let me know.

Very, very nice!!! Huns are, IMO, one of the tastiest critters to chase! Looks like it was a good year in West Dakota... ;)

Looks like a great hunt Nemont and I have to agree with 1-pointer those Huns sure are tasty. Your reports got me thinking I need to get out this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back