Warning to 410 hunters. Road damage

twodot

Just wanted to warn everyone who is planning on coming into Petroleum county scouting or hunting that we suffered a 10" rain fall with major damage to roads.
Here is a list of roads that are impassable as of last evening. (Aug. 27th)

Blakeslee Rd @ War Horse lake
Briggs Coulee
Skibby Rd
Valentine Rd
Marinoff Rd
Horse Camp Rd
Alex Camp Rd
Carl's Camp Rd
Lower River Rd
Melsone Rd
Lower Petrolia Rd
Cat Creek Rd
South entrance to CMR from 79 Trail is still under water.
Plus many other dangerous places are being found.
Do not take a full sized truck through Dunn Ridge with out scouting it out first.
No one has been thru it yet to check conditions.
Call Courthouse/ Sheriff before you come.

Not sure where you're headed MW, but I know Willow Creek road was washed out and I heard Larb Creek Road was shut down but I haven't yet heard how it fared. These are probably a little too east for you though, I imagine.

Just wanted to warn everyone who is planning on coming into Petroleum county scouting or hunting that we suffered a 10" rain fall with major damage to roads.
Here is a list of roads that are impassable as of last evening. (Aug. 27th)

Blakeslee Rd @ War Horse lake
Briggs Coulee
Skibby Rd
Valentine Rd
Marinoff Rd
Horse Camp Rd
Alex Camp Rd
Carl's Camp Rd
Lower River Rd
Melsone Rd
Lower Petrolia Rd
Cat Creek Rd
South entrance to CMR from 79 Trail is still under water.
Plus many other dangerous places are being found.
Do not take a full sized truck through Dunn Ridge with out scouting it out first.
No one has been thru it yet to check conditions.
Call Courthouse/ Sheriff before you come.

The east end of Dunn ridge isn't meant for a full size truck when its dry......According to my wife!

You can for sure by going to Bohiemian corner and turning east on 79 Trail road and heading over to Crooked creek road. Blood Creek on Dovetail / Valentine Rd has washed the road out. It is questionably passable. If I was hauling a boat or camper I would go the other way.

Thanks for the heads up on blood cr. As far as you are aware; if I head east at bohemian I can make it to crooked creek. Any word on that road condition.

Redwood, you will be good to go. Straight north from Winnett is still questionable. I should be at Crooked Creek ramp tomorrow afternoon. Look me up. White Ford Crew Cab, beat to crap and muddy.

Is Wilder trail and Musselshell still passable to get in? Since we will be pulling trailers I won't gamble with the roads going north ou of Winnett.

Anyone been further upstream or know how the roads fared up there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back