War on Weeds in the Bitterroot

Probably....and wooves...and griz.
It's interesting about wolves. At least here where I am. The sky was falling years ago. And I saw wolves and lots of wolf sign. Even killed one. Now, I see less sign. Elk are still here. I think it's a balance of killing wolves and how they have dispersed into smaller packs. Just a theory. mtmuley

A few cattle grazed up in Gird during the summer. Haven't been up there lately to see if they are still there. Some cattle grazed on the Idaho side of Nez Perce years ago. Can't imagine it's worth hauling them in there today.

Nobeef hill this morning. Fence around it is about ready to fall over, but the 20 or so mule deer feeding above it don't seem to mind.

View attachment 293597

Easier way to make a living than raising beef these days, anyway.

View attachment 293598
This makes me sad. 20 acre parcels right in prime bighorn country. $100 says first new owner brings in a hobby sheep herd or some 4H sheep for their kids and you can kiss the bighorns goodbye.

This makes me sad. 20 acre parcels right in prime bighorn country. $100 says first new owner brings in a hobby sheep herd or some 4H sheep for their kids and you can kiss the bighorns goodbye.
I could be wrong, but I doubt the buyers for those parcels are going to start hobby farms. mtmuley

I could be wrong, but I doubt the buyers for those parcels are going to start hobby farms. mtmuley
Why not? Everyone else does. It's the thing to do, when you move to Montana from California, to make yerself a real Montanan.

Why not? Everyone else does. It's the thing to do, when you move to Montana from California, to make yerself a real Montanan.
Not everyone. The realtors Father is a contractor. I see multi million dollar homes up there. No hobby farms with sheep. mtmuley

Back