PEAX Equipment

Wading Boots

idnative1948

Finally blew out my old canvas wading boots I have had for ten years. Have been reading reviews and never know WHAT to believe. So personal opinions welcomed on brands, etc.
Also, go up one size from shoe size to fit over waders?

I have a set of Korkers I'm pretty happy with, unfortunately shortly after I bought mine they went to a different replacement sole system. I think I have three different soles for mine but have only used the felt ones. I think if I had it to do over again I would probably buy Simm's; appearance wise they look great and I've never heard anything bad about a set from any of the people I know using them.

Thanks. Have been looking at Simms hard....

I have a set of Korkers I'm pretty happy with, unfortunately shortly after I bought mine they went to a different replacement sole system. I think I have three different soles for mine but have only used the felt ones. I think if I had it to do over again I would probably buy Simm's; appearance wise they look great and I've never heard anything bad about a set from any of the people I know using them.

Have a pair of Simms and they have been great. They get my recommendation .

I am very happy with my Korkers and I have no complaints. I've put a ton of miles on them and they are holding up very well. When the sole wears out its simple and cheap to buy a replacement sole. I also really dig the Boa lacing system. It is slick and works as advertised. Simms makes great products but I honestly see no reason to switch.

I have blown out two pairs of Korkers over the years. I recently picked up a pair of Simms Freestone boots. Absolutely LOVE Them. I fish lots of water with jagged slanted rocks. Korkers are great if you want to change the soles out. I had my korkers for 8 years and never bothered to change the soles at all. They did hold up quite well, but I was looking for something a bit less $$$. The freestones were $120.

FYI Simms boots are designed so that you can order to your shoe size. I have an size 11 boot that fits over boot foot waders or neoprene socks, i normally wear an 11 or 11.5 shoe/boot

Gents, thanks for your input. Think I am going with the Simms Freestone. Guessing they will serve me well in the float tube and snot covered river rocks.

You will be happy with the Simms. If you are wearing shorts make sure you wear these with your boots. Keeps the gravel out and your toes are protected from the rocks.

http://www.simmsfishing.com/shop/accessories/guard-socks.html

I used to wear sandals but now that I bought these socks I've been way happier!!!

+1 Big time! make sure you try them on with the gravel guard socks. They are just a smidge thinner neoprene than Simm's water feet.

Not to mention that in calf deep or less water, you also have some additional insulation for those May and june wet wading days...

Back