Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Victory Outserts Bending

MinnesotaHunter

Has anyone else had issues with outserts on their Victory VAPs bending? I had this happen with 1 so far, and I am looking to pick up another doz. arrows before the fall, but I hate to throw good money after bad if this is going to continue to be an issue.

I love the penetration I get with these arrows, but if I am goign to have to worry about this, I am not sure it is worth it and might go to the GT Kinetics.

Yes, I've had the same issue with several of them. Whats worse is that the outserts will actually crack the arrow shaft if they bend too much. I've since switched arrows for this reason.

Ive read about this and that's why I stuck to the Victory V-Force arrows. I thought the new inserts were supposed to be better/stronger though. They are awesome arrows.

I love VAP's but only use the stainless steel outserts. I don't see them on there website but I am sure you can still get them. I have had no issues with the ss outserts. They do weigh 92 grains alone and pack a punch.

Borrowed my buddies spin tester last night. 7 of 10 outserts were bent to one degree or another.

I am done with VAPs, it hurts because they penetrate like crazy, but not worth it. Anyone have an input on the Gold Tip Kinetic XTs? I think I am going to order a doz tonight. Based on there website My arrow should come in at about 450grns; which is pretty close to my VAPs.

I shoot the kinetics and they are great arrows tough as nails penetrate awesome fly straight no complaints shot my deer and elk with the same arrow last year

I believe the new VAPS RIP arrows have kind of solved the problem. Since I have switched to these I havent had any issues. The penetration with these arrows are awesome

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back