Victory Armor Piercing

MinnesotaHunter

I just picked up my new arrows yesterday, got them home, and shot them. They are the Victory VAP Expert series. They said they would get significantly more penetration than my Carbon Express Blue Streaks. They were right. I shoot into a hurricane bag target, and it has always done great stopping my Gold Tips and CE's, but these VAPs punch right through it to the point where I wrecked the fletchings on two arrows last night because they ended up inside the bag. I won't even risk trying to shoot a broadhead into my older block with them.

So, I am super pumped to try and punch one of these through a cow elk in lest than a month, but does someone have a recommendation on a target I can shoot that will stop them effectively?

We have had the best luck with Spider-web targets - can't beat them for stopping power, durability, and easy arrow removal.
Bulldogs work well also for stopping and durability but not as easy to remove arrows.
We have a Morrel Supreme also that works real well and is larger for longer distances (little cheaper also).

Shoot often!

Love those victory arrows, currently shooting V force and really like them over the GTs. I was going to get the VAPs but just had some arrows made that I need to use up. Getting too close to season to change up my arrows anyways. Lol.

Get a spider web or something similar. If you bury that shaft into a dense foam, how you going to get it out.

Thanks guys. I think I am going to pick up a spyderweb this weekend. My bag was able to stop them from 50yds and out, so I have still been shooting, but I am going to need to get my 20, 30, 40 yd pins dialed pretty quick.

Ross

Back