Yeti GOBOX Collection

TV Show

blue devil

I was pretty lazy this weekend and watched quite a few "hunting" shows and had a free weekend of The Outdoor Channel and caught the Bighorn hunt in the Missouri breaks.

I must say that I was extremely disappointed in all other shows after watching OYOA. I will probably subscribe to the Outdoor Channel after seeing it. I really learned a bit about sheep hunting and have the itch to save up and go now. Keep up the good work on both the show and the web site.

Congrats! You stumbled across the best hunting show on TV! Get the OC and while you are at it email them that you like the show and that is why you are paying the extra $3 a month.

Welcome aboard Hunttalk!

I must say that I was extremely disappointed in all other shows after watching OYOA. I will probably subscribe to the Outdoor Channel after seeing it. I really learned a bit about sheep hunting and have the itch to save up and go now. Keep up the good work on both the show and the web site.

Thanks for the kind comments, Blue Devil. But wait until after the first of the year before ordering your subscription. ;)

will do, can't wait for the new season. Does MT have NR sheep tags for the breaks? SD closed their sheep tags & mountain goat tags due to disease

South Dakota still has bighorn sheep hunting! The mountain goats have been eliminated by the mountain lions. There were 5 sheep tags issued in 2010.

Kind of off the subject, but what about the goats living in and around Rushmore? There was at least one billy up there. Clearly you can't hunt there, but have they really been killed off?

there are still goats at Rushmore and some sparse populations throughout the Black Hills and Custer State Park. SDGFP has deemed the populations too low to allow hunting. Recruitment is the problem there.

yep too low for hunting, some domestic sheep disease wiped out a huge portion of the population. My best friend actually works for the feds at Rushmore and he says the population of bighorns seem to be coming back a little, but the mountain goats took at huge hit. It's a once in a lifetime kind of tag, so I was just looking for a place to possibly draw a tag in the next 20 years?

SD tags

I drew my Bighorn sheep tag in SD in 2008. Had 9 years preference. Someone draws them everyone year, send in your application, it might be you! Mt. Rushmore has little impact on the sheep population, actually the GFP would like to issue more tags, but the sheep live in such a limited area they are afraid the hunters would affect each other negatively.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back