Tuff Year 2!

Maybe I'll give the real wings a try I've not been too impressed with mine. I dont notice any difference whether we put it out or leave it in the trailer. Did you have problems with the factory battery not lasting?

Maybe I'll give the real wings a try I've not been too impressed with mine. I dont notice any difference whether we put it out or leave it in the trailer. Did you have problems with the factory battery not lasting?

Yea, it would barely make it through 1 hunt, especially after I put the real wings on. I use it mostly on intermittent. But they like it On some days. Takes the eyes of the geese off the hide!
Matt

I've never hunted geese(always wanted to) but I see these things everywhere in WA now. I saw a bunch land while driving and I'm like man if they're close it's got to be like shooting fish in a barrel prior to them touching down.

How many flocks does it take for you to limit solo? I feel a triple has to be doable.

Late season, on blind shy geese combined with a blue clear sky they can be deadly. Other times the geese flare off those flappers at 70 yards. It just depends on the the day. Factory batteries and cold are a way to have them go dead after half an hour.

Nemont

Same here. I thought it was going to be a game changer when I first bought it but I haven't noticed a difference for better or worse.

I've never had an issue with my factory battery though. Nice hunt Matt. Some precip coming this week.

I've never hunted geese(always wanted to) but I see these things everywhere in WA now. I saw a bunch land while driving and I'm like man if they're close it's got to be like shooting fish in a barrel prior to them touching down.

How many flocks does it take for you to limit solo? I feel a triple has to be doable.

2 flocks and + a single. Almost had a triple on 2nd group but my 3rd shell didn’t cycle all the way. 1st group I only smashed 1 for 1, let the rest fly away. Than finished with a single at 10 yards, could have finished sooner but I like’em close!
Matt

2 flocks and + a single. Almost had a triple on 2nd group but my 3rd shell didn’t cycle all the way. 1st group I only smashed 1 for 1, let the rest fly away. Than finished with a single at 10 yards, could have finished sooner but I like’em close!
Matt

That's awesome, sounds like a blast!

Same here. I thought it was going to be a game changer when I first bought it but I haven't noticed a difference for better or worse.

It is a game changer for me. I can’t call the greatest, so anything that will keep there eyes off the hide the better. But you have to use it in conjunction with other tactics, like a flag or other motion decoys, or I primarily use it to direct them into the kill hole! It takes some practice to get good at when to use it and when not too. I’ve had pretty good success with it most days.
Matt

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gauravsingh
Back