Tripods

cowdok

I just purchased a Nikon III 25-75X82mm ED Fieldscope. My next project is to purchas a tripod. Does anyone havre any recomendations on what type of tripod I should be looking at. I like the weight advantages of the carbon filiment ones. That seems to add about 200 to the cost. I'd like to stay below the 500 dollar range.

Thanks Cowdok

Hard to beat a used Manfrotto 3001 for the money with a fluid head

I have a Benro A058EX with a Manfrotto fluid head I got on sale. Benro is a copy of Gitzo for well under a c note. It works for full size glass as well as the smaller backpacking variety.

MTbearhunt2010053.jpg

Heres the link....

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/645069-REG/Benro_453_058_A_058EX_Aluminum_Tripod_Legs.html

Last edited:
Take a look at the Gitzo mountaineer tripods. About the best $ can buy, light weight, and super compact! I used it this year on a 2 1/2 week Alaska dall sheep hunt as well as Wyo elk and antelope. It worked fantastic! I have a stack of about 8 tripods I've used over the years and finally bit the bullet and bought one that ought to last a while. Gitzo has a lifetime warrantee. There are quite a few options for heads and you get what you pay for with heads as well!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back