Caribou Gear

Tree Stand Advice

Gunner46

Time for a new one. I guess 20 yrs is about long enough to warrant another one.

It seems all the stands I'm familiar with are now discontinued, or out of business.(Cadillac, Tree Lounge, wooden pallet nailed 15' up the old Cherry tree....)

I've found a Summit Viper SD that looks to be nice enough, for $225. Any input on this one, or a good climber y'all have tried for about the same price point ?

(Please, no 30 lbs suggestions.)

I have an older Summit and really like it. I don't think you can go wrong with one.

That said, this one looks good as well. I like the sit/stand climbers for ease of use, but don't care for the front bar when bowhunting. This one allows the front bar to be removed.
http://treewalkertreestands.com/detail.asp?sku=ProMag XL&r1=chillpad&r2=armpads&r3=gunholder

My only gripe with a climber is having to guess what setting it needs to be on for it to be level at the height I want to sit. This one allows you to level it on the tree! I could like this for gun season.
http://www.buckshotmfg.com/equalizerslinglevelingtreestand.aspx

Whichever you choose, be sure to wear a harness! The aftermarket ones are worth the ~$100 as they are much easier to get in/out of and more comfortable.

I have a never been used one 'n the shed, come on by in your next hotel travels and pick it up! Happy to give it to ya.

I currently have a Summit viper climber and have owned old Summit climbers. A friend of mine has a Lone wolf climber (not sure on model), I climbed a tree with it to try it out and was impressed. IMO ..... If I was in the market for a climber I would buy a Lone Wolf, but I hear there is a manufacturer that used to make the stands for them before Lone Wolf moved production to China and I'm hearing this company is coming out with stands to the market before fall. My guy at local archery shop told me this info, I do know he is waiting on these new stands to order over Lone Wolf, he expects costs to be well under current. This is all hear say but seemed pretty valid, I will be looking for this towards fall. Something to think about.

I have the Lone Wolf climber, I forget the model but it's not the sit and climb it's the cheaper one.

Climbing with it is a little awkward, but it's rock solid when in place.

For hangers I buy the cheapest ones I can find, too many turn up missing to invest money in them.

Lone Wolf, Lone Wolf, Lone Wolf ! Light weight, solid contruction, silent, and simply the best stand out there.....:D

I'll say Summit as well for climbers. I have never had a lone wolf but hear good things from them as well.

I too am the happy owner of a Summit Viper. Lightweight, comfortable, and safe.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back