Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

“Transmission” documentary out

WanderWoman

In relation to some of the sheep management issues discussed in another thread recently, this feature-length documentary has just been released.

I’d recommend having a box of tissues ready.

Without sheep hunters' money, game departments and wildlife scientists efforts, we would have lost huntable populations in the lower 48, many years ago.

Most here knew that.

Thanks for the link WanderWoman. I watched it the other day and wanted to post it, but didn't know how.
This documentary is an outstanding production every sheep enthusiast should watch.
I wish it was mandatory for domestic sheep operations to also view it.
As HF says, there are many dedicated people still trying to fix the problem and it takes everyone.

Whaddaya think it would take to get some laws passed to prevent this sort of thing? I honestly believe we're going to lose bighorn sheep if we don't.

Whaddaya think it would take to get some laws passed to prevent this sort of thing? I honestly believe we're going to lose bighorn sheep if we don't.
We have been losing bighorn sheep ever since domestic sheep were brought to North America, but they are still here because of sportsman's interest and funding.
In my mind, the only way laws will be enacted will be when the value of Wild Sheep becomes as important to the general population as the value of domestic sheep and their products. (very tall task)
It's also critical to keep in mind that every domestic sheep producer has his livelihood at stake. Many have and will continue to push back with all their might.
If there were any easy solutions, it would have happened decades ago, but I'm glad to see that many are still getting after it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out.

The comment from @Huntin' Fool needs to be promoted more often across all groups to really illustrate the benefits of the North American model.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back