Today was good.....

Moosie

Grand poopa
But tomorrow.... I already have a Feeling we gunna lay da Chizzy to da NIZZY !!!!!

Tomorrow Not only will I have a limit of Quackers.... Some Geese are gunna eat Tungsten !!!

n1592898151_93032_9250.jpg

Chizzy to da Nizzy?

Looks good O. Is that a widgeon in the middle?

Lots of birds around, but very little access. Hopefully I get a few more opportunities to hunt some fowl.

Yesterday was good... the morning started out a little Rough.....When the snow is comeing from the side instead of the sky you know it's gunna be a cold and windy day.

n1592898151_93530_8884.jpg

We knew it was going to snow but not like that.

Luke, the true hunter of the group did well. He was trying to retrieve 2 widgeons at once. It was tough because one was a flapping a little while the other one stone cold.

n1592898151_93976_7093.jpg

He opted to catch the live and get that one back to us first.

n1592898151_93977_7580.jpg

We had some goose decoys out becasue the day before there were thousands of them flying by to a nearby field. Unfortunately the weather kept the geese down to a min in either field.

Luke was looking for a downed bird and Kerry his owner was off to the side when 2 honkers flew over me. I watched them cup up but knew they were commited so the first pass I didn't shoot.the wind was HOWLING and snow in our face but they came back around. I miss guessed the flight pattern and watched them just in my range but out of the other guys. I kept hoping they would swing but they didn't. Kerry told me to take them on the next round and I watched one more time. Finally they were on the final decent So BAMM.... then the guys on the Side jumped up and BAMM BAMM...... the 2 geese came out of the air and Luke went after them. Unfortunately both were wounded and started to "run". Kerry crossed the creek and I went after him as well. Luke caught one and brought it to us. He dropped it and took off after the next one. the first goose jumped up, started running and flapping and Luke turned back around to catch it. I threw up my gun jsut as Luke was closing in. I had to drop the gun so no Stray Heavy Shot flew that way....

That dang Goose got air and flew 100yards about 3 feet of the ground towards the neighbors place. It went through the top 2 strands of barbed wire and tumbled about 40 yards later to the ground. Luke caught it and brought it back. In the mean time we were walking after the other goose. We got close enough to shoot it again and Luke closed the rest of the gap to retrieve it.

Funny how in 20 degree weather walking through a foot of snow you start to sweat :)

Any way. Here is the day's life saver :

n1592898151_93974_1645.jpg

All in All it was a good cold day. we had 2 trucks and fortunately so. I burried my truck sliding off the field road into 3.5 feet of snow high centering it.

Not a bad morning of some Amatures getting out. TILL Next time.....

n1592898151_94019_5737.jpg

YAh,,,,, CHIZZY da NIZZY... Google it ;)

Widgeon's in the pictures. Also Mallards. We get Galdwalls as well. early on we get the teal and Woodies but not as often.

We are jumpshooting and Decoying. Yesterday we were lazy in the morning because we thought it was goin gto be smoking good. We set up, sat in the trucks and then walked out to sit in the blind. We had some ducks landing around us while we were talking and getting shells out. We "KNEW" we weren't going to have a problam limiting out. So the early birds we let fly were a mistake ;)

We have a pond that froze on the place. we're gonigto get movement out to it to kep it from freezing. It's just not worth spending thre money right now on it. We still do OK.

As far as throwing the camera..... I attached it to a Duck, let it go on timer, then shot it down to get my camera back. I wasn't going to say anything ....but since you asked ;)

nice Job on the birds Moosie.

wish we had some better luck with the goose hunting this season.....had my ass handed to me twice this year.
....got their number now though. its on!

Nice, real nice... something tells me Jose is in that last pic:)

Can't be... Moosie said they were going to be "laying da chizzy to da nizzy", which translates, best as I can figure, as chaining our dark skinned friends. We all know that JC would never engage in such an act. In fact, I didn't even realize that was legal in Idaho :D;)

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back