Tikka T3X- Tight Chamber

Does your ejector press in at all?

It does. Don't have a gauge or anything, but seems to depress with a comparable amount of force to several other rifles I have that function fine.

Just to clarify my remark - it was not to re-torque the action screws but to use some type of light and bore scope to see if the screws are protruding ever so slightly into the action when properly torqued. If so then the solution is to grind them down a bit with a grinding wheel.

If not that - then I would rent go/no-go gauges (only $20 or so) - or take to local smith as others have suggested.

Good SA on this. Don't have a borescope, but I think go/ no go gauges are probably the next item up. Just sucks having to come out of pocket to fix something on a brand new rifle.

Send Tikka pictures and the explanation you proin your post. If you don’t get a favorable response, print the picture and print out a letter and mail it to the head of US corporate.

Think this is the plan after running a go/ no go gauge

Sako a7 in 308. Over 1500 rounda threw it - most ammo is well under moa.

Nosler ballistic tips and hornady superformance left ejector marks. Dont really care. No stiff bolt for me. . .

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back