Caribou Gear Tarp

Thoughts on KUIU raingear?

Hi folks,

I've worn out my current lightweight packable rain jacket, and am in the market for a new one. There is a nice Arcteryx coat on sale at REI but I am curious about the KUIU stuff. Has anyone on here used their Chugach rain gear? If you have, what did you like/not like?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I like the rain gear. Only used in light showers, but breathed well on my backpacking trip a couple weeks ago. Probably hiked for 4 or 5 hours in the rain with no major sweat issues. Too close to the fire once and punched a nice dime-hole in the pant leg.

I have the chugach pants, wore them scouting a few weeks ago with my underarmour rain jacket. Got to camp and took off the rain gear to find considerable moisture inside the jacket but the pants were dry, great breathability! Havent had them in a downpour yet, will but the jacket next year.

Are you looking at the ones in the outlet for $75 a piece.I almost picked some of those up.

Are you looking at the ones in the outlet for $75 a piece.I almost picked some of those up.

$75, sign me up! I'm not finding them in the outlet, just on the main site at $230. Only thing in the outlet now are last years packs.

Found it, had to switch from the mobile site to the full version.

Size XXL only though. Too big for me.

Customer service means more to some than others.
Kuiu's customer service (two different occasions) has made me not want to buy anymore of their products.

Last edited:
Customer service has been great to me, but I haven't bothered them in a couple years.

First lite stormtight gear is the best I have found in wet conditions here in MT and in super soakers, where it rains for days and days in southwest alaska.

Size XXL only though. Too big for me.

they have had them for a few days (pants and jackets) but unlike you guys the xxl is to SMALL for me. I am full grown and need that xxxl jacket or I could just hunt shirtless with only the rain jacket on, stylish but probably not going to make for KUIU advertisement photos...lol

Are you guys talking about the jacket or pants at REI? They both say water resistant from what I see. Am I missing something?

I just pulled the trigger on the Chugach pants. I'll deal with the wife when she checks the bank account tomorrow. LOL.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I went ahead and ordered the Chugach jacket. I ordered an XL instead of a large on the assumption that I should go up a size for layering purposes. Customer service said it should be here in a week or so. I'll have to post a mini-review when I've worn it a bit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back