Yeti GOBOX Collection

The Latest Montana Forest Legacy Proposal

BigHornRam

It's a big one.

Great read! Thanks BHR for sharing.

TPL was instrumental with the Whitefish Watershed area w/ Weyerhaeuser, of recent (among others). Its great to learn of continued dialog with Southern Pine Plantation.

If a conservation easement is secured, it will be protected from future development while remaining in private hands so its timber can be actively managed for the long-term, thus securing wood-product jobs throughout Northwest Montana. The public will also be provided permanent access to the property for recreation and valuable wildlife habitats will be protected, as will several critical wildlife corridors.

Really happy to see SPP move forward with this, after so much uncertainty. I know DFWP & the Gov's office have been quietly working on this as well as TPL and others. Thanks for posting this, Paul!

Early stag for sure but from what I hear, SPP has stuck to their original statements of being a timber/conservation entity and have been open to work with.

Time will tell.... and I'll send out a huge THANK YOU to all of the good folks working on this, it's a biggy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back