MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

strange question that occurred to me last night...

bigdonniebrasco

I was laying in bed last night thinking about my hunt in WY next week, and a question popped into my head:

I have a tag for unit-X ... if I am driving through the state and I see a private farm with pronghorn on it, and I stop and ask the owner if I can go shoot a doe, would that be legal since it's private land, but NOT the unit I drew?

I doubt this scenario will take place but I am curious.

Thanks!

Don

I doubt this scenario will take place but I am curious.
As you are driving through Wyoming, if you do not see a doe antelope on private property that would be highly unusual. As an example, we returned from Wyoming on Sunday and observed hundreds of antelope along the way, many of which were on private properties. That is common scenario across the entire state, except in the mountainous areas.

The State of Wyoming F&G has issued you a permit for "unit-x" and that is where you may hunt antelope, nowhere else.

Not sure about Wyoming but in Colorado, to take this a bit further, there are tags that are specifically for private land only in a specific unit.

Now it is possible that someone has a high fence antelope farm for the production of meat to be sold at restaurants, these animals would be private property and considered agricultural products not wild game. You could pay to shoot one of those and be fine, but it would be like shooting Bessie in someones yard for a fee.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back