St Croix 2 Wt

'Ike'

Got it the other day, going to be a great lil Sierra creek and stream rod...6' 2 Wt with a Ross FlyCast to go with it! :D

Attachments

• P1010947 (2).jpg
    P1010947 (2).jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 143
  • P1010949 (2).jpg
    P1010949 (2).jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 146
Wow, short and light little rod. You get a 14" fish on that and it'll bend. I have a 7' Diamondback that is a 3/4 wt 3 pc. I use this for backpacking with my Abel TR2.

Wow, short and light little rod. You get a 14" fish on that and it'll bend. I have a 7' Diamondback that is a 3/4 wt 3 pc. I use this for backpacking with my Abel TR2.

14" that'd be a brute on some of the stuff I'm fishing...Lil Boorkies and Browns! :D

That set up would be a kick in the pants for some bluegills...I have a Bitch Creek 3 wt that I use specifically for bluegills and it's a load of fun in the late summer. The only St Croix rod I have is a 4 wt with a little stiffer action than I really like, but it's good for windy days.

That set up would be a kick in the pants for some bluegills...I have a Bitch Creek 3 wt that I use specifically for bluegills and it's a load of fun in the late summer. The only St Croix rod I have is a 4 wt with a little stiffer action than I really like, but it's good for windy days.

John, that would be a hoot!

After spending the first half of the year casting 6,7,8, and 10 wghts, ,I'm looking forward to some light rod action myself this summer.Amazing how much fun a super light rod is to cast.Looks like a nice set-up,have fun and post pics.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back