Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Spring bear - Middle Fork Salmon, Idaho

Idaho_Zane

I'm planning a whitewater trip down the Middle Fork around Memorial Day this spring. Bringing with me my rifle and 2 bear tags, scheduling in 2-3 days of hunting somewhere along the way. Bait and dogs are both allowed but I won't have either. We'll setup camp at the river and hike to hunt each day.

Any experience with bear in unit 27? I've been down there on different trips throughout spring/summer/fall and have almost always seen at least 1 bear... We'll be launching boats at Boundary Creek and taking out at Cache or Corn on the main. Not looking for whitewater advice but any bear beta specific to the middle fork region would be greatly appreciated.

No advice, but it sure sounds like a good time! Have fun and good luck!

I’ve always seen bears low in the rivers and creeks but I’m there in Sept-Nov.

Nice! No advice from me other than to find good vantage points and glass as much as you can. That should be a pretty epic adventure. I floated the MF a couple years ago at 4.6'. It is going to be an intense trip down the canyon that time of year! Good luck!

No advise whatsoever though take video and pics! Really look forward to reading and viewing your adventure!
Looks to be epic!

Welcome to the forum and good luck, sounds like a great adventure!
I wish I had info to share, but if you're seeing them in there at those other times it sounds like a good plan, look for the good fresh grass and share the pics when you get back.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Failure2Adapt
Back