Snow Reports SW Montana

Pagosa

Does anyone that hunted in region 3 know how mulch snow fell in the high country around Dillon on Butte this weekend? Thanks

Thanks. I was curious to see if they got a heavy snowfall to get the elk moving, but it sounds rather weak.

We got absolutely hammered in the Missoula/Bitterroot. I jumped a nice buck Saturday morning at 6500' before the weather moved in, Sunday I turned around when I got to 5500' and was already in 8" of snow.

Sounds like the main part of that storm missed the southwest corner. And with the next 7-10 days forecasted for the 50's and 60's, it won't last long.

I bet we get a lot more before it melts here. forecast has Missoula with lows in the 30's and rain the next three days. Double the elevation and that's 10-15 degrees colder and a lot of snow piling up. If there were any elk left around here I'd be trying real hard to get Thursday-Friday off.

It does bum me out though because I'm probably snowed out of my mule deer spot for the year now. Looks like either a flat side muley or a mountain whitetail for me this year.

Only an inch or 2, down here in extreme SW MT. It missed us...Predictions went from 7-13 inches to 6 to less than 2 in the matter of hours. My guess it'll be gone mid-week.

I hear ya Mthuntr. I was hoping for a good dumping of snow! All the elk I've been chasing are still really high. Praying for snow!

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back