Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Snake River fishing

mtmuley

So what works well in the Snake right now? I am interested in what works from Pallisade Dam downstream past Rainey Creek. Mostly interested in spin fishing, as I haven't flyfished in years. Still have the gear though if that's what works. Been thinking about getting back into it anyway. I have private access and can't work all the time. Thanks, mtmuley

When you don't have time to experiment go with a 1/8 oz. black maribou jig. Hard to fish in a stream, but will get more fish than anything on most days.

I can't tell you what's working right now because I haven't fished there in a long time.:mad: However, back in the day I used to use Panther Martin (yellow body/red dots & silver blade or black body/yellow dots & gold blade), Mepps Black Fury or Vibrax spinners (silver, gold or rainbow). The two biggest trout I caught over that way were on back-to-back casts with a big Krocodile spoon in gold with a red edge, the water was high & fast and I just couldn't reach a fishy looking spot way out there so I just went with something big out of frustration - they were BIG (plus it was quite a few years ago, so I'm sure they've gotten even bigger :rolleyes:).

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back