Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Slaughterhouse Five (1972)

A-con

A classic, still relevant after 34 years.
My wife was surfing, looking for classic kids stuff for our five years old, when she came upon a copy of “Clockwork” and ask if I wanted it. No, I have probably seen it twenty times. I ask, “if they have Clockwork, do they have Slaughterhouse ?” She got it on a DVD that looks like it was made yesterday.
We stayed up and watched it last night, I give five stars, or moose spikes or what ever you use to rate movies, one of my favorites.
For those of you who have never herd of “Slaughterhouse Five” it’s hard to explain. It is a movie about a mild mannered person who unwillingly, and uncontrollably , travels back and forth in time, to re-live various segments of his life. At one time or another he has been a prisoner of war, an Optometrist, and a creature on display in an alien zoo
It will make you laugh (Billy’s wife driving to the hospital)
It will make you cry (Dresden)
It will make you wonder why we spend so much time worrying about the bad stuff and banging or heads against the wall trying to change destiny.

I'd completely forgotten about this movie A-Con...thanks for the reminder, I'll check it out again.

Back